Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Visit to the Library

Amazingly, before Monday night, I'd never been to the local library. But after dinner on Monday night, Ricky and I decided we needed to check it out. And it's pretty cool. It's a HUGE building, which makes me happy, because that means LOTS of books. We got there only about a half an hour before closing, so we didn't have long to browse, but I managed to come away with 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith. I've never read anything by Smith, but I've seen his name EVERYWHERE. So I decided to pick up the first book in this series with which I'm not familiar, to see if I like his writing. It looks to be interesting, cute, cozy, an easy read, which I could use right now. Jane Eyre is stalled out. I always lose interest at the part where she runs away from Thornfield. But I'll get back to her soon. In the meantime, I intend to immerse myself in Smith's book and finish reading the issue of Bookmarks magazine I picked up at B&N on Sunday. Sigh. So many books, so little time.

No comments: