Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Little Date on a Lazy Sunday

The fiance' and I went out for a mini-date. We had Panera Bread for lunch (mmm, portobella and mozzarella panini) and ran some errands, including a stop at Barnes & Noble. (We have nothing but big box stores around here...no indies, with the exception of a small used-book store that I haven't made it to yet). Anyway, I wanted particularly to pick up a copy of Bookmarks magazine. I'm debating ordering a subscription, so I wanted to see if it was any good. It's sitting on the recliner, taunting me, right now.

I also found an unabridged paperback copy of Les Miserables. I've been looking on BookMooch for a copy, but all that are offered are abridged copies. I mean, what's the point? Who wants to read an abridged copy? So I talked myself into buying it. Sigh. As if I needed another book to be added to the humongous list of things to be read. But I can't walk out of the bookstore without a book. It is physically impossible.

After the bookstore, we went to CVS to get a few things and then to TJMaxx, whose stock of pants suitable for work was incredible lame. I found two pair, but neither fit right. Ross was far superior in its selection. Who knew?

And so we are back at home, the fiance' headed out again to pick up Subway, while I peruse book blogs, my new magazine, and, perhaps, the end of Jane Eyre.

No comments: