Saturday, October 18, 2014

Read-a-Thon Opening Meme

I'm back to RAT'ing once again!  I missed April's RAT, due to a previous commitment that couldn't be changed (Women in the Outdoors, a fabulous program to get women more interested and involved in outdoor activities - it was like grown-up Girl Scout camp, and it was worth missing a RAT for).  But I was sad about missing the action, so now I'm back.  As always, here is my opening meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  Florida!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  Probably Hold the Dream, the second in the series about Emma Harte, by Barbara Taylor Bradford.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?  Either ordering pizza for dinner, or my leftovers from last night, which I'm about to eat for breakfast.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!  I'm an attorney, I'm married, and my husband will be joining me a little later to do some RAT'ing himself, and I recently changed jobs at the beginning of the year, which made me endlessly happy.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  I probably won't do anything much differently today than I usually do.  One of my cats/reading buddies is now gone, so I think I'll miss cuddling with him while reading.  :(

Okay, off to the races!  I'm starting out with some magazines (a RAT secret weapon of mine) that I need to catch up on, but once I get through those, I will be starting Hold the Dream.  Ready...set...go!!!

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Hope your readathon is going well. I bet you miss your cat. I would love to have a cat to help me read along.

If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

Lexi said...

Thanks, Deb. I do miss him, but I still have his two sisters to keep me company today. Thanks for stopping by!