Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

I just finished The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon.  The copy I read was purchased by me (most likely on eBay) several years ago.

The book continues the story of Jamie and Claire, Brianna and Roger, three of them time travelers who risked everything to return to the past through a ring of standing stones.  The family is establishing a new life in the New World, creating a homestead on Fraser's Ridge in North Carolina, in the years before the Revolutionary War.  The book covers the intrigues and adventures of all members of the family (even those of the extended family...homesteaders are much like family to the Frasers and MacKenzies).

As usual, I loved the book.  Heart-pounding and tender by turns, Diana Gabaldon knows how to write an excellent, enthralling novel.  I'm re-reading this one in preparation for reading An Echo in the Bone which I received as a Christmas gift (like two or three years ago).  Another new novel in the series, Written in My Heart's Own Blood, is due out sometime in the next year.  Good.  I'll be prepared for that one, too.  Four and a half out of five Whatevers for this one!  So much fun to read during the Read-a-Thon!

2011-14

No comments: