Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hour Two Mini-Challenge: Children's Books

As it so happens, I'm currently re-reading what was one of my favorite books as a child, Little Women. I have a beautiful illustrated copy that my Aunt Sharon gave me for Christmas in 1986, per the inscription. I haven't read this book in years, but I still remember the exact wording of bits and pieces of it, as I read it so many times (and even staged a production of it with dolls) once upon a time.

I also adored anything by L.M. Montgomery (Anne, of course, but especially Emily), the Bobbsey twins, Nancy Drew, A Girl of the Limberlost and Freckles (I really liked "old-fashined" reads when I was a kid), The Borrowers, the Betsy-Tacy books, the Little House books...and the list goes on. I really didn't read much in the way of contemporary fiction as a kid. For me, it was far more interesting to read about times gone by.

And my favorite picture book? Why, Goodnight Moon, of course!

1 comment:

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

I loved Anne of Green Gables and Little Women. That's a great list you have.
Just wanted to wish you lots of luck today and am sending good reading vibes your way!
Team Simile :)