Saturday, August 15, 2009

Haven't Read a Thing in Weeks

Well. My first week in the new office is behind me. I'm a bit homesick, when I have time, but am starting to get a handle on things, I think. Ricky and I are still unpacking the house. I just finished the kitchen today, so we can get back to cooking, instead of getting take-out all the time! We still have work to do on the house, but it's coming along, slowly but surely.

I have had ZERO time, or inclination, really, to read in the last few weeks. I can't find my book in this mess, anyway, so it's not a big deal. I've been catching up on about three weeks' worth of blog-reading that I didn't do (over 400 entries in my feed reader!), so that's keeping me busy. Usually, I'm simply too tired after work and the commute and unpacking to much more than rot on the couch. We're watching a lot of Food Network and Golden Girls reruns, since the summer is winding down. Hopefully, things will get back to normal soon (and I'll find my book). I just got a new BookMarks magazine and a new Glamour to peruse, so maybe that will kick me out of my funk! But college football season is starting soon, so I'll have another distraction to battle...always something.

How is your reading coming?

2 comments:

Megan said...

My reading has actually been coming along pretty good this month, for a change. Last month was a particularly dismal reading month for me, so I'm pretty excited that it's picked up a bit!

Glad to hear the unpacking is coming along, and I can totally see why watching Golden Girls reruns might be all you can manage!

Melanie said...

good luck with unpacking, and reading, and life! :) i find fall to be my most distracted reading time, with college and pro football to watch, presents to buy and holidays to enjoy.