Monday, January 26, 2009

How You Know Your Reading List Is Out of Control

I keep my reading list on an Excel spreadsheet. I like Excel because the "find" function makes it really easy to see if I'm re-adding something that's already on my list. You just control-f it and the book either shows up (and you're set to read it) or it doesn't (and you add it). Well, recently, my TBR list has gotten waaaay longer than ever before, mainly due to the book blogs I read on a daily basis. So now...

I've had to split-screen my reading list in Excel, because it takes too long to scroll from the middle of the document to the end.

WTF?!

4 comments:

Staci said...

That is too funny!!!!! I took everything I had written down and posted on my blog from two years ago and just transferred it to Goodreads. Much easier to control for me!!

Iliana said...

This is too funny and I can totally relate. I used to keep an excel spreadsheet too but have now moved on to a database. Yep, our reading lists are out of control! :)

Lexi said...

Hey ladies! Staci, maybe I should check out Goodreads...how does it work?

Iliana: If only I could have the time to work on my list! Maybe I could get it down into the triple digits. Ha!!!

Staci said...

Lexi-thanks for dropping in to my blog. Yes, we are related because I have a weird obsession for post-it notes too. Let's face it...I love office supplies. I drool over the catalogs like some little paper-clip junkie looking for her next fix...pretty paper, pretty pens, cute little organizational cubbies, you name it, I want it!!!

Goodreads is very easy...just sign up for an account and then you can make as many bookshelves as you want and then start typing in your titles. You can put them on bookshelves, list the date you read them, who recommended them to you, post a review...the list is almost endless!! and very addictive!!