Monday, December 1, 2008

A Genuine Loss for Us All

I'm sure y'all have already heard, but Dewey passed away last week. Unfortunately, being fairly new to the book blogosphere, I didn't have the opportunity to know her well. But, through her 24-Hour Read-a-Thon, her Weekly Geeks, and her other book-inspired challenges and posts, I was lucky to get a brief glimpse of a woman who loved to read and share her love of reading with others. So, let's all dedicate our current read to Dewey and try to keep her memory alive through our reading, our reviews, and our full participation in blogging and life. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. I'm sure she's in a better place, with all the time in the world to read, read, read.

1 comment:

Bellezza said...

Wasn't that such shocking news?! I didn't know her well either, but I've visited her blog quite a few times and seen the impact she made on others as they participated in her I'm A Geek, etc. programs. What a creative person. May she be out of any pain and only dwell in peace.