Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday at the Bookstore

The Fiance' and I went to Barnes & Noble today. I had to pick up the latest Bookmarks magazine, I just HAD to. God knows when I'll get to it, but it's nice to have something to browse through in my "spare time." Amazingly enough, I didn't pick up anything else. I wanted to find Mary Cheney's Now It's My Turn. I'm actually a political lefty, but this book was recommended by...um, someone (I should really start keeping track of where I hear about books), and I figure it never hurts to read the other side's perspective. I may not AGREE with it at all, but I feel that keeping an open mind is a good thing. HOWEVER, Barney's (as my friend Zach and I used to call it, when we worked together at an Office Depot across from one) did not have a copy of the book, at least not that I could find. So I left empty-handed, except for my copy of Bookmarks. Well, I WANTED to buy Best American Short Stories, Best American Mystery Stories, and Best American Non-Required Reading for 2008, but I decided that the budget just doesn't allow for those right now. And I'm asking for them for Christmas, so...we'll see. I collect those series, practically the only series I DO collect, and have them going back to 1999, I believe. Almost ten years' worth!

Okay, enough rambling. Time to go finish watching the Dolphins game. Don't even talk to me about the Georgia/Florida game. No, don't.

No comments: