Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Doing My Civic Duty

I voted this morning. It felt good to flex my democratic muscles. I am a Democrat, and I vote the party line most of the time. Being in Florida, there isn't much other choice. The Republicans are all such...REPUBLICANS. I did vote Obama, simply because I think he will be better for the country's bottom line, and because I think he has some good ideas on how to turn things around. I'd like for him to have a chance to implement those ideas. The only Republican I voted for, in fact, was my boss, who is running opposed for her position for the first time, um, ever, I think.

I'm now waiting for the results to start coming in. Can't wait to see what happens. Because, no matter WHAT happens, we can be sure of one thing: there will no longer be a Bush in the White House, come January. And that's something we can all be happy about.

No comments: