Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mid-Event Survey, Lucky Hour 13

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
2. How many books have you read so far? Finished one book, The Empress of Weehawken, and read one complete magazine, the November Glamour.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Finishing The Invisible Man; it's really good!
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Not really. I decided not to skip the football game, or having dinner with my fiance', so I scheduled my reading around those events.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I have had very few interruptions. The Fiance' has been at work most of the day, so that has helped, but I imagine he will want to chit-chat when he gets home...I'll have to spend some time with him and then tuck him in for bed. :)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How much I've procrastinated, even though it's for fun.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really; I like the way things are going.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I would have more snacks on hand.
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yeah, but not so tired that I'm going to quit. I keep taking sugar and caffeine breaks when I feel my lids drooping.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nah. I'm just trying not to pressure myself so much that I stop enjoying it.

Keep it up, y'all! Everyone is doing such a great job!

No comments: