Sunday, October 19, 2008

End of Read-a-Thon Meme

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

I got REALLY tired during Hour 16. But once I got my second wind, I got in another good three hours or so of reading time.

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

Mmm, I've heard others say that series books are really good for the Read-a-Thon. I read a classic, which I don't think many people would recommend, but I enjoyed it a lot. I think it depends a lot on the individual reader's personality.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

None, really. I would like to do two 12-hour periods over two days, but I understand that that takes some of the fun out of trying to stay up for 24 hours. I guess it depends on whether the point is to stay up as long as you can, or to READ as much as you can. I could get more quality reading time in during two 12-hour periods...

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I LOVED the cheerleaders stopping by, and all the mini-challenges. Overall, I think everything went very very well.

5. How many books did you read?

I read one full book, one full magazine, and finished a book I'd started before the Read-a-Thon.

6. What were the names of the books you read?

I finished The Empress of Weehawken by Irene Dische; I read November's Glamour magazine; and I read H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man from cover to cover.

7. Which book did you enjoy most?

Definitely The Invisible Man.

8. Which did you enjoy least?

The Empress of Weehawken, which was a review book for LibraryThing, so I really WANTED to like it. And it was okay, just not great.

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

I was a reader who cheered others on, and I really appreciated the cheerleaders coming by my blog. It was great.

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I would ABSOLUTELY participate in the next Read-a-Thon, schedule permitting. I'll be a reader again next time.

2 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I never thought of reading a magazine! That seems like a good idea!

Joanne ♦ The Book Zombie said...

Terrific job, I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed Invisible Man, I have it on my TBR pile.