Saturday, October 18, 2008

24-Hour Read-a-Thon Hour 1 Meme

Hi everyone! Hour 1 has gone swimmingly so far. Quiet, with one little break to eat some breakfast (waffles, if you must know).

Here's a meme for Read-a-Thon-ers:

Where are you reading from today?

Um, if this means location, the couch in my living room. If it means WHICH BOOKS, right now I'm trying to finish up The Empress of Weehawken by Irene Dische.

3 facts about me …

1) I LOVE football. I will be watching the University of Georgia game later, despite it being the Read-a-Thon. My devotion to the Dawgs outweighs my desire even to read.

2) I'm engaged to the most wonderful man in the world, who didn't look at me like I was crazy when I told him I wanted to read books for 24 hours straight.

3) I live in Florida, and it's warm enough outside right now to make me think of turning the air conditioner back on.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

Ohhh, I've got about ten, but I think I'll only get to the four or so that I posted about the other day.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

My goal is just to READ. Life has been crazy lately and I haven't been able to devote the amount of time to reading that I was this past spring. So, although I have no specific goals, I'll be happy if I just spend the bulk of the day immersed in a book.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?

This is my first Read-a-Thon, so no advice from me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No advice, but I'll pop in occasionally to offer encouragement!

Happy reading!