Monday, September 22, 2008

Mailbox Monday



I received several books this past week, most of them from BookMooch. Last Tuesday, I received an Advance Reading Copy of Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland, through St. Martin's Press and LibraryThing. On Tuesday, I also received a Mooched copy of
The Eight by Katherine Neville, the prequel to The Fire, which I received last week from the publisher (totally unsolicited, ROCK!). I wanted to read the first book first, because I am OCD like that.

On Wednesday, I received a Mooched copy of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, which I plan to re-read soon.

And on Thursday, I received ANOTHER Mooched book, Beloved by Toni Morrison, which I have, shockingly, never read. This is yet another book in my attempt to read more "classics" and "modern classics."

These new books go onto my already stuffed and bulging To Be Read shelves. Sigh. So many books, so little time.

5 comments:

Bellezza said...

I'd love to be encouraging about Beloved, but I loathed it. Paradise was even worse, in my opinion. But, maybe you'll like them both!

I hadn't read Wuthering Heights until last year, rather embarrassing I think. That's a classic which is good to have under one's belt.

Thanks for visiting me today. It's so nice to meet you.

Lexi said...

Bellezza:

I feel as if I'll never get around to those books, but I'll let you know how I feel about them once they're read. I did read Wuthering Heights in high school, but I don't remember much about it...

Bookfool said...

I've never had a publisher send me unsolicited books. That would be cool -- there's no obligation to review, if you didn't request a book, right?

Bookfool said...

BTW, thanks for unlurking to leave a message, today. I needed the encouragement. :)

Lexi said...

Bookfool:

Glad to see you here!

Yes, I was quite excited to get the unsolicited book...I'm fairly new to book blogging and didn't think anyone would send me anything! I think it came via LibraryThing, but not as an Early Reviewer book.

Also, I'm glad I could be some encouragement for you!