Friday, June 13, 2008

News

I took my personal day today, since I received an e-mail last week stating that I would lose it if I didn't use it by the end of June. So it was nice to sleep in this morning and spend the early part of the day with Ricky. We just ran errands, but I like to hang out with him when I can.

Wednesday night, I made Paula Deen's She-Crab Soup recipe. Ricky hated it, as he is not a fish-lover. It was a bit fishy for me, even though I do like fish, but I ate my whole bowlful. There are plenty of leftovers, but I'm not sure I'll get through them. Even if the soup is good reheated, I'm not sure I can eat six more helpings before it goes bad, but I will sure try. I should take some of it for lunch at work next week. And it could be a lunch for me over the weekend.

Been dipping into book blogs and adding to my already ridiculously long reading list. I've spent so much time reading ABOUT books that I haven't kept up well with the one I'm actually reading right now, The Prince of Tides. It's not that the book isn't engaging, it's just that I'm obsessive-compulsive. And that I've been on vacation. And a million other things. Maybe I'll finish it this week.

No comments: