Friday, May 16, 2008

Illness

Egads! I've been quite ill for the past few days. Monday night, as I was preparing to go to bed, what I thought was food poisoning from the Mexican we'd had for lunch (sorry, El Toro) hit me like a ton of bricks. I spent all Monday night praying to the porcelain goddess, as they say, and was in no shape to go in to work on Tuesday. Although I had nothing in my stomach, the mere thought of food nauseated me, and it was next to impossible for me to stay upright for more than 10 minutes at a time. At this point, I figured that this was NOT food poisoning, but rather some insidious stomach bug, that had me down and out.

By the time Wednesday rolled around, food still wasn't sounding appetizing, but I knew I had to eat something, if only to make the pounding in my head go away. The only thing I could imagine eating was, get this, Arby's!!! Normally, I think Arby's is pretty gross, but that is the only thing my body wanted, so that's what we ate.

Thursday, I thought I was better, and tried to go into work. Turns out, eating next to nothing for two days straight doesn't really lend itself to working, so much. So I returned home for one last day of rest. I was back at it today, and feeling pretty good, which is a relief after a week of feeling the like heel of someone's shoe...

So, needless to say, nothing got accomplished at work or at home this week. I hope to have a productive weekend, however, with maybe a little time in there for me to enjoy.

No comments: