Saturday, April 25, 2015

RAT: Rolling into Hour Three

 Title of book(s) read since last update:  Guardian of the Promise by Irene Radford; Better Homes & Gardens magazine
Number of books read since you started:  part of one book; part of one magazine.
Pages read since last update:  182
Running total of pages read since you started:  182
Amount of time spent reading since last update:  120 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started:  120 minutes
Mini-challenges completed:  Opening meme
Other participants you’ve visited:  None, yet.
What I've eaten/drunk:  Bottled water with lime juice; peanut butter and pretzel sticks.

I was mostly done with Radford's Guardian of the Promise, so I finished that up.  I've started getting a subscription to BHG (I have no idea why - I didn't actively subscribe to it myself) and I got a new one in the mail yesterday, so I decided to throw that in to my Read-a-Thon reading.  I'm close to finishing that, and then I will be moving on to some non-fiction, Marilyn Yalom's A History of the Wife.  During this round of Read-a-Thon-ing, I also took a minute out to stop my cat, Estrella, from eating a lizard that snuck in through our window unit air conditioner.  She managed to separate it from its tail, but I got it away from her before she could actually eat the thing (well, either thing).  Sigh.  Pets and South Florida - an interesting mix.

2 comments:

Words for Worms said...

LOL, oh man. Readathon real talk: sometimes your cat tries to eat a lizard and you've got to take a break. #TeamPopper is cheering you on... And your cat. And probably the lizard too. XOXO

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) said...

Congrats! You are moving right long! Enjoy your day!