Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review: Hold the Dream by Barbara Taylor Bradford

I read A Woman of Substance, the first book in the Emma Harte series, a few months ago, and I loved it.  I wasn't sure the second book would measure up, but it certainly did.  Emma was still around in this one, but it mostly focused on Paula, her granddaughter, who took over the company when Emma went into semi-retirement.  There isn't much to say about this one.  It was much of the same corporate intrigue and family drama that populated the first book in the series.  I don't know why, but these books give me a nice, cozy feeling when I read them.  They remind me of the 80's, although they are set a little earlier than that.  I guess it's the materialistic 80's mentality - "Greed is good" and all that.  But I find it enjoyable to read about the joys and sorrows of the Harte clan.  Four out of five Whatevers.  Recommended for those who like corporate intrigue, family drama, or 80's-style writings (see above).

2014-9

No comments: