Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review: Beekeeping for Beginners by Laurie R. King

I read this short story last weekend, during the Read-a-Thon.  I bought it on Amazon for my Kindle, since it was like 99 cents or something.  And I love the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series.  I just realized that I only have one published book left to read before I reach the end of the series, and it just depresses me.  Anyway, the story was from Holmes' perspective, detailing his first meeting with Mary Russell and how he came to mentor her.  It was a nice diversion from the regular series, which usually features Russell's point of view; Holmes was at the forefront in this one.  I'd give it four out of five Whatevers and recommend it for anyone who likes the series.  I'm not counting it as a book, since it was so short.

No comments: