Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: The God of the Hive by Laurie R. King


I purchased this book from Amazon for my Kindle. I read this book in the middle of our move, about three weeks ago. And, in the midst of all the chaos and disorganization, it was a wonderful way to escape. I couldn't put it down, quite honestly.

The book picks up where the last volume left off - Holmes and Russell have just saved Holmes' son, Damian Adler's life. They left the madman who was trying to assassinate him dead among the standing stones. Except he's not really dead. And the police still have warrants out for the arrests of Holmes, Russell, and Adler. So there's a lot of skulking around London and the Scottish countryside, coupled with some truly terrifying moments (Russell's plane crash in the middle of a forest), while racing to discover who is behind the murder of Adler's wife, and the attempt his life and his daughter's.

Awesome book. Absolutely awesome. I'm so glad I still have several volumes left in this series. Maybe it was just the right book at the right time, but I'm giving it five out of five Whatevers. Wouldn't change a thing about it.

2013-3

No comments: