Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Hours One and Two

Here's the first hour meme:

Where are you reading from today?
I'm never sure if this question means my geographic location or what part of the house. So I'll answer both: I'm reading from sunny South Florida, presently seated comfortably on my couch. I intend to also take advantage of the recliner in the living room, the papasan chair in the library, and my bed.

3 facts about me …
1. My cousin is getting married in Ohio today. I wish I could be there.
2. I have three cats who are helping me make it through the Read-a-Thon: Emaline, Picasso, and Estrella.
3. I'm currently in love with Larry McMurtry's writing.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I've pulled together four novels, a cookbook I need to review, and a magazine.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Not really. I just want to read as much as possible, as many pages for as many hours as I can.

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Take liberal breaks! Go to sleep if you need to, then wake up and read some more.

And my progress so far:

Title of book(s) read since last update: Working on Dead Man's Walk by Larry McMurtry
Number of books read since you started: part of one
Pages read since last update: 97
Running total of pages read since you started: 97
Amount of time spent reading since last update: 108 minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!) 108 mintues
Mini-challenges completed: Is the first-hour meme a mini challenge? If so, then one.
Other participants you’ve visited: None, yet.
Prize you’ve won: None, yet.
Foods I've eaten: Leftover Taco Bell Cheesy Double Beef burrito (I LOVE to eat Mexican for breakfast), some Doritos, one Diet Mt. Dew (I don't like regular Mt. Dew anymore).

1 comment:

Maree said...

Off to a great start - happy reading! :D