Saturday, October 24, 2009

RaT: Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?

Still reading Shaking a Leg by Angela Carter. Still loving her take on literature, movies, TV, art, feminism, etc.

2. How many books have you read so far?

Just this one.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I'd just like to finish this book, if possible.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

No special arrangements needed, since there was no (important) college football on today!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Just my lovely husband. And I let him interrupt me. He'll be home from work again soon, so I expect I'll be interrupted a bit more. But he's actually been very good about letting me be. He told me today is for me...awww.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

How tired I am so early on. Sigh. Getting old is for the birds.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

NONE!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Nothing, really. This is my third RaT and I think I know what strategies work for me.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Yes, but I'm ingesting more caffeine right now.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Collections of short fiction or essays...and magazines. Things that keep a short attention span engaged!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading is fun
Reading is great
Hope you’re able
To stay up late!