Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pretend It's Still...Mailbox Monday!


I forgot to do my Mailbox Monday post yesterday. Then I remembered, but it was too late, since Monday Night Football was starting. So, sorry I'm a little late.
I haven't participated in a few weeks, mostly because I haven't GOTTEN anything in the last few weeks. The hubs and I are trying to stick to a budget, and that means no room for purchased books. But I'm still using BookMooch, and this week I received one of my Mooched books. I'm on a bit of a sci-fi kick right now, and I'm collecting Andre Norton's Witch World series, one book at a time. I've already gotten Sorceress of the Witch World and WareHawk. This week, I received a copy of Web of the Witch World. I'd ordered the original, just titled Witch World, but the Moocher never replied, so I had to cancel and try again. Hopefully, I'll be getting that one in time for next week's MM.
What did you find in YOUR mailbox this week?

3 comments:

Staci said...

Book mooch sounds like a cool way to exchange books without spending a lot of $$. I usually buy 1-2 books a month, while most of my books come from the library. Being frugal is a good thing! Enjoy!

NerdGirl said...

Do you like bookmooch? I'm a little nervous about book-swapping sites but I do have some books that I would be happy to part with in return for something good.

Lexi said...

Staci:

I love BookMooch. It's done wonders for increasing my library! When we have the cash flow, I buy books, or when we have gift cards, but we've been broke lately...

Jenni:

See above...I LOVE BookMooch. I've never had a problem receiving a book someone promised to send. I wanted to clear some of my shelves, so I signed up last year. It's a good way to get new stuff for just a couple bucks of postage.