Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pre-Read-a-Thon Post

The RaT starts in about forty minutes. I'm so pumped, I woke up before my alarm! I decided to get up and use the time to wake fully, drink some caffeine, and check my email before I lose myself in a book.

There's no Georgia game today, they have a bye week, so I don't have to choose between the RaT and my beloved Dawgs. The weather here in my neighborhood is currently 73 degrees and partly cloudy. It's supposed to get up to 86 today, with a possibility of rain showers this afternoon. That would make perfect reading weather!

Goals? I have lofty ones, yet simple. I would like to finish the book I'm currently reading, Shaking a Leg by Angela Carter. It's HUMONGOUS (like, 600 or so pages) and I'm only about 125 or 150 pages in, so just to finish that during the RaT would be an accomplishment for me. I'm not sure if I can hang on through a bunch of essays for that long, though, so I've picked out a couple alternatives: my Glamour magazine (magazines worked well for me in the last RaT) and maybe The Best American Mystery Stories 2008, which would be perfect for this time of the year!

Other than that, my goal is just to read as long and as many pages as possible, and NOT to think about tomorrow and all the work that has to be done before Monday. Read today, work tomorrow. Sometime.

Happy reading, everyone! Remember Dewey while you read!

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

It sounds like you are all ready to go! Of course, now you are well into the read-a-thon. :-)

Good luck and happy reading!