Saturday, April 4, 2009

Wedding Update

Got my wedding dress today. Being an untraditional bride, I bought an apple-red bridesmaid's dress from David's Bridal. I really wanted an even more informal sundress-type gown, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in the color I wanted ANYWHERE. So I decided to just try on every short dress they had and picked the most flattering. It ended up being the first dress I found on their website that I really liked. Now I just need shoes and earrings. I have this coming Friday off for Good Friday, so I think Ricky and I will take a little trip down to the courthouse to sign the papers...May 23 is coming up faster than I can believe!

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

That's a beautiful dress, Lexi! I like nontraditional bridal attire. :-) I ended up going much more traditional than I intended with my own wedding gown. A friend of my mother's made my dress for me, which ended up being a great cost saver. She sewed the dress and my mom did the bead work.

Lexi said...

Thanks! I really wanted something even more casual, but I like what I ended up with. If I knew anyone who was handy with a needle, I'd totally have them make it, but, alas, sewing is going the way of the dinosaur, it seems.

Staci said...

I love it! and the color...oo la la!! Glad to see that you are not afraid to march to your own drummer!! May 23rd is just around the corner..yikes!!

Lexi said...

Staci:

I always wanted to be married in red. No white for me! A college professor once called me the Wife of Bath (from the Canterbury Tales) because we both dressed in red.

Yeah, the wedding is coming soon...but I'm sure we'll be ready.