Saturday, April 18, 2009

T-Minus Twenty Minutes and Counting...

Until the 24-Hour Read-a-Thon begins! I was quite a bit worried when I woke up this morning with a worse headache than I'd had yesterday (damn migraines), but after taking some Excedrin Migraine (the best drug ever invented), I am feeling good, and ready to do some damage to Mount TBR.

So far, my plan is to finish The Best American Short Stories of 2008, read my May/June Bookmarks magazine, which came in the mail the other day, and at least start, if not finish, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. I read the first book in the trilogy back in the fall and enjoyed it, so I thought the most famous of the three would make a good Read-a-Thon read. If I get through all that, I want to read The Fire, the sequel to The Eight, which I read at Christmas-time, and for which I owe a very much belated review...

What's on your plate for today? Any guesses on how long I'll make it? In October, I made it something like 17 hours, but then succumbed to sleep. Can I do all 24 hours today?!

No comments: