Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hour Thirteen and Mid-Event Survey

WOO HOO! Welcome to everyone who's still around and congratulations for sticking with it!


Title of book(s) read since last update: The Best American Short Stories of 2008 and Bookmarks magazine
Number of books read since you started: one book and part of a magazine
Pages read since last update: 24
Running total of pages read since you started: 289
Amount of time spent reading since last update: One hour and fifteen minutes
Running total of time spent reading since you started: (keep track of this one to be eligible for a prize!) Nine hours and fifteen minutes
Mini-challenges completed: Two!
Other participants you’ve visited: Eva, Carl V., Anna and the Girl, debnance, Alaine, and Fantaghiro; BJ, Carrie at The Book Girl, Lissa at Lissa's Long Yarn, Lisa at Books Lists Life, Leslie at Life on the Shelves, and Karen Beth at The Pink Bookmark; Laza at Gimme More Books, Lynda at Lynda's Book Blog, Mary Beth at Boo's Bookshelf, mari at MariReads, MandaNikole at Literary Mumblings, and Peta at The Bookling; Tammy at Tammy's Book Nook, tanabata at In Spring It Is the Dawn, Valentina at Valentina's Room, Sandra at Fresh Ink Books, Reeder at Reeder's Corner, and Rebecca at Lost in Books.
Prize you’ve won: 0 yet
What I've eaten: Peanut M&M's; instant mashed potatoes (I don't know, the cupboards are pretty bare and I was carb-craving!); Life Savers and more Diet Mountain Dew of course; chunky peanut butter and pretzels; Chik-Fil-A sammich and fries with my honey and more Life Savers; more Diet Mountain Dew.

************************************

1. What are you reading right now?

Reading Bookmarks' May/June edition, trying to get new ideas for my already-ridiculously-long TBR list.

2. How many books have you read so far?

One complete book and part of my magazine.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I hope to have time (and stamina!) to still pick up The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Should be a nice, light read to go out on.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

I actually cancelled a jewelry party I was supposed to be hosting in order to do the Read-a-Thon. I mean, I've been waiting six months to do this again, how could I have other plans?!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

No real interruptions. The one or two I've had were actually welcome breaks from my reading.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

Hmmm, how many new faces I'm seeing? It's so great to find all these new book bloggers!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Nope, not really. I think it's great already...

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Maybe add some graphic novels to my list, or some YA reading to keep it light.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

YES.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Reading short stories this time around worked surprisingly well. I'd recommend that for people (like me) with short attention spans. Also, take frequent breaks and invest in a LOT of caffeine.

Having a great time! BUT House is on, and it's an episode I've never seen, so I'm giving my eyes a break. I might watch 48 Hours Mystery, too. I'm terribly addicted to that show. Keep it up, y'all! We're doing great!

1 comment:

Kailana said...

Rebecca Wells writes really fun books! I hope you do get a chance to enjoy it!