Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy VD


When I was a bitter, lonely, single girl (which really wasn't all that long ago) a friend and I used to wish each other a happy VD...we thought we were awfully funny. The truth is, I don't much care for Valentine's Day. I actually liked it better when I was single...at least I could sit on the couch and be miserable while eating a bucket of ice cream to console myself. Now that I'm in a relationship, I have to actually DO STUFF for Valentine's Day. I just see it as a pointless Hallmark holiday. I mean, Ricky and I tell each other "I love you" just about every five seconds, so we don't really need a special day to do it. But I did get him a card and candy, and we DID go out to Bonefish Grill the other night, as a real, honest-to-goodness date. Ricky's working all day today, so we had to celebrate early. And it was nice. Since we're almost married, we've lost a little of the magic that dates held when we first got together. Living with someone can really kill the romance.

ANYWAY...Happy Valentine's Day to all my blog friends out there. I hope you get to spend some special time with the people you love today.

No comments: