Thursday, October 16, 2008

Read-a-Thon Lineup

Okay, so people are asking what I'm gonna read for the 24-Hour Read-a-Thon. And I realized that I've created a list in my head, but I haven't posted it yet, silly me! My excuse is that work has been busy lately and I'm not feeling bloggy, but, since I've had a request, without further ado, my reading list:

1) FINALLY finish The Empress of Weehawken, which I've been working on for about a month now. I can't seem to get into it enough to plow through to the end, although when I do read it, it's not a bad read.

2) H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man. I've never read it, but it seemed like as good a time as any. I picked it up at the library today.

3) Rebecca Wells' Little Altars Everywhere, for something a little lighter.

4) Should I need a fourth book, Katherine Neville's The Eight, precursor to a new release that I've been asked to review, The Fire.

I've also got the November issue of Glamour magazine, should I need a bit of a break from all the "high literature" that I am reading.

I have no idea how many of these I'll get through, since this is my first Read-a-Thon, but I also have a few backups, should I need them. We'll see how I do. I'm hoping this challenge will kick-start my reading, which has been slacking lately. Between college football, reading others' blogs about the Read-a-Thon, reviewing what I read (although I might reserve reviews till after the Read-a-Thon), and sleeping, I hope to get some actual reading done. :) Good luck to all you Read-a-Thon-ers out there!

1 comment:

Dewey said...

Hope you have a great time!