Saturday, May 3, 2008

Food for Thought

I realize that I haven't been updating my latest attempts at culinary creation. Last week I made a Fish Fry featured in one of Rachael Ray's earliest cookbooks (Comfort Foods). I couldn't find haddock, so I subbed in tilapia (ON SALE!) and it came out great. I managed not to burn anything, and I pulled together a homemade tartar sauce of my own recipe to round it out. I did not make the accompanying recipe for slaw (one thing at a time), but I think it was good nonetheless. Not sure Ricky enjoyed it that much, not being the biggest fish fan on earth, but he SAID it was good. That means he either liked it or he's learned something from our last 18+ months together.

Next up, I'm switching to Paula Deen's cookbook. Oh, and I'm trying a recipe for some kind of Asian-Pineapple Chicken dish off of weighwatchers.com. More on that to come.

No comments: