Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday

Went to the lighthouse to reserve it for our wedding next year, and they are not currently accepting applications! Rest assured, however, they will be back online in a couple of weeks and we will see, then, if they have our date available. I'd like to get this show on the road. We need an officiant next. We are thinking of asking Mr. Hugh, if he is a notary. I don't know. We are not church-goers, so we have no priest, minister or pastor. And it's hard to pick just one of the many friends who would be qualified to be the one who presides over our wedding. I think, by picking Mr. Hugh, we are striking the right balance between a good friend and someone removed enough from us to not make others upset. I hope.

I finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn today and started The Hobbit. I started reading this as a kid, but couldn't get into it. I don't think I ever finished it. Maybe I did, but didn't finish The Fellowship of the Ring...can't remember. I just remember my teenage self thinking my mom was awfully weird for loving that book so much.

Emaline is consistently eating all of the other cats' food. I don't know what to do. I can't watch her 24/7. What a pig.

I'm down 3 pounds this week; 33.5 pounds, total.

1 comment:

NerdGirl said...

A lighthouse sounds like a wonderful place to have a wedding!