Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thank God for Awesome Co-Workers

I have had a rough month or so on the job. I've been working my bum off, preparing for (and trying) a big case, and dealing with a lot of...difficult...clients along the way. I hope I haven't complained too much, but the Lunch Club (myself, Susanna, John and Dave) all do a lot of venting when we get out of the confines of the office. They always make me feel better about the rough situations, the tough customers, the absolute thanklessness (MOST of the time) of my job. Well, since it's been so hard lately, and since it's been several months since the spa saw my face, I was talking about making an appointment for a massage on Saturday, to get rid of all the built-up tension of the last month or so. Turns out, I didn't have to. My super-unbelievable co-workers made that appointment for me, so that, yesterday, all I had to do was show up with a tip for the masseuse. It was heavenly and SO SO needed, both physically AND mentally. I feel like a new woman.

So. Monday, it's back to the grindstone. But I can handle it now.

No comments: