Friday, February 1, 2008

Having a Social Life

My social life goes in cycles. Most of the time, I have nothing to do, other than hang out at home with the Fiance' and the cats. But occasionally I have one of these socially busy weeks, where I'm doing something allllll the time. This weekend is going to be like that.

Tonight I deigned to show up at happy hour after the monthly office meeting. It was fun to see everyone and have a couple drinks. I haven't been drinking much lately, so two were all I needed to feel good.

Tomorrow night, I am going to a local bar with some buddies to see a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend's band. Haven't been out on a Saturday night since the Draft House Debacle of this past summer. So that should be interesting. I am feeling some guilt, however, at leaving the Fiance' to fend for himself tomorrow night. Oh well. He'll be fine.

Sunday...THE SUPER BOWL!!! At Susanna's house. Gotta save all my Weight Watchers' points for that. There will be tons of food and tons of people and TONS OF FUN! So this is the most I've been away from the house in quite some time. Hope it doesn't burn down.

There are changes coming at work. I sense a deep forboding.

No comments: