Friday, February 22, 2008

Good Day

Today was a really good day. It was the first day all week that I've felt, well, un-sick. So that's the first good thing. Started the day off with a nice long talk with my friend Susanna. It's been a while since we've chatted, so that was cool. We had a lot stored up that we needed to talk about, and, despite the fact that the talk eliminated the "need" for us to go out for drinks after work, it was good to get all of that stuff out.

I also got an email from the higher-ups at work inviting me (and many others) to apply for a supervisory position. Although I was just one among many, it was still nice to know that I was ON the list. Not everyone was.

Finally, during a particularly difficult court session this afternoon, I received several genuinely-appreciated compliments from another attorney. That really made my day. My job is tough: I spend a lot of time listening to people (mostly clients) complain and/or tell me what I'm doing wrong. In my line of work, there are few perks and even fewer compliments, so hearing that someone else thinks I'm doing a good job means a lot.

Finishing the evening on the couch doesn't hurt, either.

No comments: