Sunday, October 3, 2010

Four Month Challenge Update

Well, the challenge is almost over, and how am I doing? I've read a total of, um, four books while the challenge was ongoing.

5 Point Challenges


Read a chick lit book

The Jewish Princess Cookbook - Okay, so maybe this is cheating a little, but this was the chick lit-est cookbook I've ever seen!

Read a name with a proper name in the title

Read a historical fiction book

Read a book with a one word title

Read a book made into a movie

10 Point Challenges


Read a book with a Civil War theme (any country)

Comanche Moon - This book takes place "on the cusp of the Civil War," as I said in my review, but I think it counts. It may be stretching it, but cut a girl a break, here.

Read a Biblical fiction book

Read a hardcover book

Read a book about a king or queen

Read a book set in France

15 Point Challenges

Read a book by an author you’ve never read before

Read a biography or autobiography

Basher Five-Two - This book would really fit into three categories in the 15-Point Challenges section (also an author I've never read before and a book with a number in the title), but I don't think I get to count it three times!

Read a book with a number in the title

Read any book and then post a review

I've reviewed all of the books I've read, but I don't think I can count them twice! And I reviewed The Best American Non-Required Reading but it failed to post...not my fault, blame Blogger.

Read any book but read it outside

20 Point Challenges


Read a book in a series AND the one after it

Read a book that was a winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction

Read a book considered Christian fiction

Read a book from The Modern Library Top 100

Read a book by an author born in July, August, September or October


So I'm up to a total of 30 points (45 if you give me credit for my review of The Best American Non-Required Reading, which I sort of posted a review for...Blogger ate it and I got mad and only posted my rating). Honestly, that's better than I thought I would do. I'm currently reading Little Women (a re-read for me, which is also, coincidentally, a banned book, although I can't find details of its banning anywhere...), which I don't think will fit into any of the categories (it takes place during the Civil War, but I've already filled that category). No, wait! It's a hardcover copy that I've had since I was a little girl! Ooh, I better hurry up and get it finished, so I can count it!

No comments: